Orange County Family Photographer | 5 Fun Ways to Display Your Photos at home
OCTOBER 16, 2017
Hello Friends! With all of the ongoing fall and holiday sessions, I though it might be fun to talk about how we can extend our memories taken during our photo session by displaying them in your home. Traditional framed prints are always a popular way to go, but there are so many more neat products available for your photos these days! As an family and children's photographer, and a mom myself, I feel it's so important to have wonderful photos of your family throughout your home. Truth be told, I have so many my problem is that I'm running out of places to put them! Here are 5 fun ways I love to display photos a home!
1. Photo Books | This is one of my favorite way to display photos, because it includes a collection of meaningful, fun filled memories, rather than just a single snapshot in time. I make one for every quarter of the year, along with special occasions ones like trips, holidays, etc. Leave them on your coffee table for friends and family to flip through and you'll relive your memories over and over! These are also an amazing gift idea for grandparents and other family members!
2. Canvas Prints | If you want timeless, classic ways to display your photos, you can never go wrong with a wonderful canvas! Your photo is printed directly on the canvas, allowing the natural texture of the fabric to come through. There are available in both a 1.5" and 2.5" gallery wrap, which basically tells how large the frame the canvas that is stretched around is. If you would like to mount the canvas as-is (without a classic outer frame), then the 2.5" version is best as you can mount that directly on your wall. If you are looking to frame your canvas (as with the below image) then the 1.5" version works best for that.
3. Metal Prints | These are a more modern and fun approach so displaying individual photos. Your picture is printed directly onto the metal itself, edge to edge. It give a cool sheen to your image and is more playful than the traditional print or canvas. They can either have a mounting on the back, or can have a stand built in, so the photo is ready to display right when it gets to your door!
4. Gallery Wall | A wonderful way to create a memory wall! Gallery walls are compromised of many (sometimes dozens, like the below image) photos. You can make them an assortment of various people and places, or for a more cohesive look you can group together a bunch of images from a session or vacation/occasion, etc. The only downside of this is that you need a lot of wall space! This is prefect for entry halls, stairwells, and hallways!
5. Photo Gifts | These are things like mousepads, coffee cups, pillows, and more that can be displayed and used around your home and used as everyday items so that you can always be surrounded by happy memories!
If you would like to book your own Orange County photography session or to learn more about our services, please click here!
PS - Wondering what types of locations the OC has to offer? This blog post might be of interest to you!