Orange County Fine Art Photographer - Princess Session FAQ
FEBRUARY 22, 2020
Happy Friday Friends! Today I'm so excited to talk to you about princess sessions! This is my most popular session type, so I thought I'd share a few of the most frequently asked questions I get about them. As an Orange County child photographer (and princess at heart!) these sessions are so much fun for me too! It's so wonderful to see the little princesses I photograph turn into royalty :-). Without further ado, here are the most common questions about this kind of session.
1. What do the sessions entail? Princess sessions are all about taking your little girl and turning her into a princess! That means puffy, gorgeous gowns, sparkly crowns and tiaras, and of course many fun props! This session is a magical fairy tale for your little girl, filled with glitter, sparkles, butterflies, and more! Sessions take place in the most magical locations around Orange County - flower gardens, wildflower fields (depending on the time of year), and dreamy, grassy fields. I will work with you based on your preferences to select the best location for your princess!
2. Do I need to rent or buy a dress for my session? Absolutely not! All my princess sessions come with the use of my many long gowns! I currently have gowns in sizes 2-10 and am always happy to work with you to get a gown in sizes other than these. As a princess photographer in Orange County, I search all around the world for the most beautiful gowns, and have designers from Australia, Europe and the US, just to name a few! Here are the dresses that I have available, along with the sizes they fit (from smallest to largest):
Size 2, but runs large - will fit a 2-petite 4 - gorgeous burgundy and cream dress with floral 3D detailing.
Size 5 (ankle length) - will fit size 3 (as floor length) - petite 6 (as ankle length) - gorgeous blue tulle gown with layers and layers of pouf!
Size 4 (fits 3-5) - the classic princess gown! Layers of beautiful pink tulle with beaded overlay.
Size 5 (fits 4-petite 6) - One of my favorite gowns, so many layers of pink tulle plus gorgeous beaded leaf overlay, train, and matching cape (not shown). A showstopper fit for a princess!
Size 5 (fits 4-petite 7) - Super full yet lightweight, beaded floral purple gown with large bow back and train. A one of a kind gown your princess will love!
Size 5 (fits 4 - 6) - My only gold gown, and a high-low one at that! Gorgeous brocade fabric with tons of tulle peaking out from underneath!
Size 5 (fits 4-petite 6 or petite 7 as ankle length) - Absolutely incredible Italian satin floral gown - perfect for parks and wildflowers!
Size 6 (fits 4-7) - Another stunning pink gown, lots of layers of tulle and lace with a beaded bodice!
Size 6 (fits 4-petite 7) - Truly my most gorgeous, show stopping gown! Heavy, very full dress from the incomparable Bentley+Lace and made from the most gorgeous sequined fabric and more layers of horsehair trimmed tulle than I can count! Has elbow length ruffled sleeves that are perfect for twirling. If you want a one of a kind dress your princess will never forget, this is the one!
Size 6 (fits 4-7) - Purple tulle gown with beaded shoulders, roses scattered throughout and long train!
Size 6 (fits 4-petite 8)- Beautiful pink gown covered in pink roses - this fabric is amazing in person and while this gown is not super full, the details on it can't be missed!
Size 6 (fits 5-7) - An incredible gown from the amazing Anna Triant Couture, this gown has layers and layers of the most beautiful lace fabric, this is a true couture gown and is one of a kind!
Size 6/7 (fits 5-petite/slim 8) - Absolutely stunning 3D floral gown in shades of purple. Looks amazing in pretty much any environment and has so much movement and twirl!
Size 7 (fits 4-petite 8) - The most incredible, hand beaded gown! I wish this came in adult sizes as I'd totally wear it! It has a train of gorgeous beaded flowers down the back.
Size 7 (fits 5-8) - While this gown is not quite as full and puffy as others I have, it has such an incredible amount of twirl! I love that the dress is so lightweight and just seems to float around your princess. It has the most beautiful embroidery and beadwork on both the front and back of the bodice!
Size 7 (fits 5-petite 9) - Gorgeous purple taffeta gown - the feel and shine on this gown are breathtaking! It has a simple silhouette, but it's perfect for dressing up with a sparkly belt and tiara if your princess would like!
Size 7 (fits 6-8) - The most beautiful, ballerina like gown. It has layers of whimsical, lightweight tulle and just floats as she walks! I love the adorable floral and ruffled details on the shoulders.
Size 7/8 (fits 6-petite 9) - Beautiful pink gown with feathers printed on top. Whimsical, lightweight, girly and perfect for twirling!
Size 7/8 (fits 6-9) - The most gorgeous floral print in shades of blue! This dress is gorgeous on all skin tones, and is at home as much in a grassy field as it is a flower garden or even the beach! With many layers of trimmed tulle, this dress is still lightweight and wonderful to twirl in!
Size 7/8 (fits 6-9) - My only black gown, this dress is a little more edgy and perfect for those princesses with sass! It has iridescent stars that change color as she twirls, this gown is not to be missed!
Size 8 (fits 6-10) - an absolutely gorgeous, rich jade taffeta gown that is perfect for moving and twirling! Both lightweight and full, this can be dressed up perfectly with a cape or a beautiful belt, making it endlessly versatile!
Size 8 (fits 6-petite 9/10) - Bright pink, full, beaded gown! Perfect for the princess who likes to make a statement!
Last but not least.....size 10 (fits 8-petite 12) - Gorgeous turquoise hand beaded gown...perfect for twirling in!
3. Do you have accessories? Yes! I have gorgeous beaded capes, tiaras, full crowns, headbands, and sparkling crystal belts that I bring so that your princess can accessorize her gown as she likes! This makes each outfit unique to the girl who wears it as I have many, many accessory options!
4. Do you offer prints and albums that I can display in my home? Of course! My pricing includes all your digital images, but I always recommend printing and most of my clients do! Printing your images and displaying them in your home is the perfect way to remember your session! I do custom album design along with traditional prints and canvases.
5. How do I schedule a session? Please get in touch! From there, we will meet for a cup of coffee or tea, go over location options, dress and accessory options, and schedule a date! I always recommend bringing your princess with you so that she can meet me ahead of time. This makes the session go much smoother, as she has already met me and helps her to feel more comfortable in front of the camera.
6. What if I have a little girl who will not fit into the gowns you have? No problem! I work with many couture designers that rent gowns, and we can go over many different options for your princess! These designers carry sizes 1 year all the way up to adult sizes (if you would like to have a few magical images with your little princess)! Please note there will be an extra fee for gowns not already in my collection, but this opens up hundreds of other gown options!
Thank you for taking the time to read about my Orange County Princess Sessions! If you would like to schedule a session for your princess, or any other Orange County Family photography session, please reach out to me! I'd love to make some magic with you and your family :-).