Orange County Child Photographer | 5 Reasons to Have Family Photos Done Every Year
JUNE 16, 2023
Hello friends and happy mid-June! I hope all you that have kiddos had a great end of the school year, and that all of you are enjoying summer so far! Today I'm taking a short break from your parade of beautiful families to share my top 5 reasons why it's important to do photos every year. I know many of us have our reasons for not - you don't look like you want to, they cost money, it's work getting the family ready, etc. But! You need to put aside all those things to make sure you have your family's memories captured. If you've read my previous blog post on #existinphotos, this will be similar, but geared towards the whole family :-). Without further ado, here are my top 5 reasons to have your photos taken every year.
1. Kids grow! This is especially true for younger kiddos who honestly sometimes seem to change before our eyes. Those sweet squishy cheeks, those cute little fingers, the silly expressions, the "little kid" to "big kid" clothes - all of these things happen before we know it. Capturing photos yearly helps to remember these small details that sometimes seem to hide in the deep recesses of our minds, just waiting for a photo to bring that memory back to life :-). As an Orange County child photographer, there is nothing I love more than seeing my littlest clients grow year after year!
2. New Additions to your family! Whether it's through birth, adoption, or any other means, families change all the time. What better way to commemorate a new addition, even if that addition is a fur baby (because they are a part of our families too)!
3. You are preserving your family's legacy for your kids. As much as we hate to think about it, one of these days we'll no longer be with our kids, and the best gift we can give to them for the future is a way to remember us by. Video standards change, digital memories can go corrupt, but a beautiful, printed photo or album will last for generations to tome. When you are being missed, nothing brings a smile to one's face faster than seeing the love and laughter that is captured in an image.
4. Everyone is in town! Many families gather for the holidays, whether it be Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Diwali, or any other holiday! In many families it's the only time of year where all family members are together, giving the perfect opportunity for a beautiful, multi-generational photo. Imagine Grandma's surprise when she sees a photo given to her of everyone together :-).
5. Eliminate the stress of having to take your own photos. Because let's face it - how often do your kids listen to you and do what you tell them? If they are anything like mine, the answer is basically never lol. But they do tend to listen to a photographer, who likes to play games, ask them silly questions, and won't stress like mom or dad can. Leave the hard work to us, take a breath, and let your beautiful selves and love for each other shine through.
Thank you so much for reading! As an Orange County family photographer, I would love to work with you to create your own beautiful family photos. Let's chat!